The Hilly Region Development
Club is a non government organization,
(NGO) reg. no 371, set up to help develop the
village of Tawal (Chandra’s village)
Funds are required to maintain current developed
projects and for future projects. “NEAT
donates US$ 2 per group to the project“If
you wish, Chandra will gladly provide information
and gladly accept your kind donation.
Thank you for taking time to read this brochure.
We hope that your appetite to explore Nepal has
been whetted. If so, please contact your consultant
for more detailed information and the all important
NEAT trek booklet.
We look forward to you joining our large family.
- Piped water from spring 2 km.
- Construction of 2 classrooms.
- Construction of health clinic
- Training of health carers.
- Construction of toilet/washroom
at clinic and school.
- Installation of solar light at
- Repair of suspension bridges
by British Gurkhas.
- Free writing books and pens to
- Adult literacy classes.
- Establishment of lower secondary
- Funding of salaries of teachers.
- Sponsored training in English
Project needing assistance
- Construction of three new class
- Renovation of 5 old class rooms.
- Development of silk industry.
- Plantation of trees on landslides.
- Sport materials for school children.
- Part of profits from the treks.
- AUS.AID Australian Embassy KTM.
- Nepal Australian Friendship Association,
- Sponsors from Namaste Carpets/Crafts
, Brisbane, Australia.