- Trekking may be undertaken for only
one place or an area at a time.
- Trekkers should follow the route prescribed
for them by the department of immigration.
- To trek a long routs that are not
prescribed may create serious problems regarding security,
food and accommodation.
- It is advised to arrange treks through
registered trekking agencies to prevent any accident,
which may occur at any time during the trekking period.
- While trekking it is advisable to
take only an authorized guide and porter.
- Be careful with matches around wooed
or grassy areas, as fire can cause serious damage
to the environment.
- Be most economical with all fuel,
specially regarding the local fire - wood. Use minimum
fuel for hot showers and discourage camp - fire. Trekkers
are strictly forbidden to cut any green forest resources
and to kill any wildlife. Give preference to lodges
and trekking companies that do not use firewood and
encourage their effect to conserve the environment.
- Use washing and toilet facilities
provided, or if none are available make sure you are
last least 30 meters away from any water source. Bury
excreta and toilet papers and use biodegradable toiletries.
Avoid the use of non-biodegradable items possible.
Support measures to reduce pollution and environment.