treks, trekking in nepal, nepal trekking
|Shy - Phoksundo National Park
: In 1984 A . D.
Area : 3555 sq. kms.
Location : The Park is situated in the trans –
himalayan region of north west Nepal. It is Nepal ‘s largest
: The park contains luxuriant forest, mainly comprised of
blue pine, spruce, cypress popular, deodor, fir and birch.
Wildlefe : The parks provides prime habitat for the
snow leopard and the blue sheep. Other common animals found in the
park are ghoral, Himalayan tahr, serow, leopard, wolf, jackle, Himalayan
black bear, Himalayan weasel, yellow-throated marten, langur and rhesus
Birds : The Peak Provides habitat for over 200 species
of birds among which includes Yellow – throated martin, Tibetan
partridge, Wood snipe, White throated tit, Pheasants.
Activities : The Park is famous for Trekking &
- An entry fee has to pay at the park’s entrance
- All flora and fauna are fully protected and must
not be disturbed.
- Do not purchase illegal animal or plant products.
- Carry out non biodegradable items such as plastic
- Place trash in rubbish bins.
- No one should walk within the park between sunset
- Respect religious and cultural sites.
- Camping in side the park should be made only at
the designed areas.
- Visitors should be self sufficient in fuel supply
(kerosene) . The use of firewood is strictly prohibited.
|Email us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org