treks, trekking in nepal, nepal trekking
|Sagarmatha National Park
|Establish : 1976
Area : 1148 sq. kms. Listed World Heritage Sites
in 1979 A.D.
Location : The Park lies to the north east of Kathmandu.
Park elevation 3000m. to 8848m.
Vegetation : Vegetation includes pine and hemlock
forests at lower altitudes, fir, juniper, brich and rhododendron,
scrub and alpine plant communities and bare rock and snow.
Wildlife : Wild
animal most likely to be seen in the park are the Himalayan tahr,
goral, serow and musk deer. The snow leopard and Himalayan black bear
are present but rarely sighted. Other mammals rarely seen are the
weasel, marten, Himalayan mouse hare (pika), jackle and langur monkey.
Birds : The park provides habitat for over 118 species
of birds among which includes Impeyan pheasant (Danphe), Blood pheasant,
Red billed ,and Yellow billed magpie.
Activities : Peak Clambing and Trekking.
- An entry fee has to pay at the park’s entrance
- All flora and fauna are fully protected and must
not be disturbed.
- Do not purchase illegal animal or plant products.
- Carry out non biodegradable items such as plastic
- Place trash in rubbish bins.
- No one should walk within the park between sunset
- Respect religious and cultural sites.
- Camping in side the park should be made only at
the designed areas.
- Visitors should be self sufficient in fuel supply
(kerosene) . The use of firewood is strictly prohibited.
|Email us for further information: email@example.com