: In 1976 A . D.
Area : 106 sq. kms.
Location : The park is located in north –
west Nepal about 37 km. air distance from Kathmandu. Park elevation
range from 1800m. to 4048m.
Vegetation : The most important feature of the
park is lake Rara at an altitude of 2990 m. The park contains mainly
: The park serves as an ideal habitat for musk deer . Other
animals found in the park include Himalayan black bear, leopard,
ghoral, Himalayan tahr and wild boar.
Birds : The park has recorded 214 species includes
Coots, Snowcock, Pheasants, Grebs, Red – crested pochard.
Activities : Peak Clambing and Trekking.
- An entry fee has to pay at the park’s entrance
- All flora and fauna are fully protected and must
not be disturbed.
- Do not purchase illegal animal or plant products.
- Carry out non biodegradable items such as plastic
- Place trash in rubbish bins.
- No one should walk within the park between sunset
- Respect religious and cultural sites.
- Camping in side the park should be made only at
the designed areas.
- Visitors should be self sufficient in fuel
supply (kerosene) . The use of firewood is strictly prohibited.