- All foreign visitors are requested
to be mindful of the date of Nepalese visa and their
passport number to avoid possible problems. As such,
you are requested to apply for visa extension, if
you wish so, within the valid period of Nepalese visa.
- You are requested to get the arrival/
departure stamps on your passport at the entry/exit
points to avoid further legal complications.
- Living in Nepal without passport or
a valid visa is a punishable offense.
- Deviation from the prescribed routes
mentioned in the trekking permit will be treated as
the violation of the law.
- You are advised to be aware of brokers/
cheaters or any counterfeit documents of visa/trekking
permit to avoid legal complications, If you are not
visiting/trekking through any recognized agency, do
not use mediators for visa/ trekking permits. You
are requested to contact the Immigration office directly.
- Change of purpose of stay without
permission is not allowed and employment or voluntary
service while on a tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
It will be punishable offence.
- Be sure to register as the police
and Immigration check point along the trial. It will
be wise for to register your trekking destination
and schedule at your Embassy or Consulate.
h) If you encounter problems along the trails, inform
immediately the nearest police or immigration post.
- You are requested to change money
with recognized dealers and not to forget to take
- You are requested to inform the Immigration
Office or Police Station for any changes in your address
previously given in the visa application from.
- You are advised to be mindful to contact
the Dept. of Immigration for visa transfer in case
of getting new passport or travel document from your
- The trekkers while trekking should
keep passport and trekking permits.
- Filming in restricted areas or notified
areas without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Please don't take out the visa stickers
from your passport and do not try to change records
printed in your passport.
- If you make change in your address
of residence mentioned in the visa application form
or disembarkation card, must furnish to the immigration
Development, Immigration Offices or local police with
a notice containing name, passport number and new
address as well as within seven days.
- If your stay period as a tourist
is more then 120 days in one visa year and wish to
visit other places for spending more then 24 hour,
you have to register in the local police office of
such place with your name, passport number and address
While you are trekking, remember the following:
- Protect the natural environment.
- Level the campsite cleaner then
you have found it.
- Limit deforestation - make no
- Burn dry papers and packets
in a safe place.
- Keep local water clean and avoid
- Plants should be left t flourish
in their natural environment.