treks, trekking in nepal, nepal trekking
|Makalu Barun National Park
In 1992 A . D.
Area : 2330 sq. kms.
Location : The Park situated in the eastern part
of Nepal bordered by the Arun river on the east, Sagarmatha (Everest)
National Park on the west, the Nepal – China border on the north
and the Saune danda (ridge) to the south. The elevation is up to 8,463m,
including Nepal ‘s fourth highest Peak.
: Tropical forest along the Arun river to icy mountain summits.
Wildlife : The park provides habitat for endangered
red panda, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, clouded leopard and possibly
the snow leopard.
Birds : Over 400 species of birds have been sighted
in the park including two species never before seen in Nepal the Spotted
wren babbler, the Olive ground warbler.
Activities : Trekking & Peak Clambing.
- An entry fee has to pay at the park’s entrance
- All flora and fauna are fully protected and must
not be disturbed.
- Do not purchase illegal animal or plant products.
- Carry out non biodegradable items such as plastic
- Place trash in rubbish bins.
- No one should walk within the park between sunset
- Respect religious and cultural sites.
- Camping in side the park should be made only at
the designed areas.
- Visitors should be self sufficient in fuel supply
(kerosene) . The use of firewood is strictly prohibited.
|Email us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org