1976 A . D.
Area : 176 sq. kms.
Location : The
Wildlife Reserve lies on the flood plains of the Sapta Koshi river
in the southeastern Tarai of Nepal . In 1987, the reserve was declared,
ramsar site, a wetland f international significance.
Vegetation : Tropical
forest along the Arun river to icy mountain summits.
Wildlife : The
reserve offers important habitat for a variety of wildlife . The
last surviving population ( about 100 ) of wild buffalo or arna
are found here. Other mammals are the hog deer, wild boar, spotted
deer and the blue bull.
Birds : Around 441
species of birds may seen nowhere else in Nepal (14 endemic species)
have been recorded, including 20 duck species, 2 ibis species, White
tailed stonechat, Striated marsh warbler, 30 shore birds, 114 water
birds and the endangered Swamp partridge and Bengal florican.
Activities : Elephant
safari, Bird watching, Nature walk, Dugout canoe ride, Culture tour
Packages: 2 Night / 3 Days Pragramme
- An entry fee has to pay at the Reserve’s entrance gate.
- All flora and fauna are fully protected and must not be disturbed.
- Do not purchase illegal animal or plant products.
- Carry out non biodegradable items such as plastic & bottles.
- Place trash in rubbish bins.
- No one should walk within the Reserve between sunset and sunrise
- Respect religious and cultural sites.
- Camping in side the park should be made only at the designed
- Visitors should be self sufficient in fuel supply (kerosene)
. The use of firewood is strictly prohibited.